This plan will get you up and running with APICBASE. A good setup of your library and knowledge of the modules is essential to make use of the very powerful tools that APICBASE provides.
Apicbase is a modular platform. The Onboarding plan is made for all the available modules and according to the platform structure. Start with section 1 and 2 to set up your library and to learn more about the dashboard. The next sections go deeper into the different modules. If you bought our APIC Studio, you can install it using the information in section 10.
In our Apicbase Academy you can also find step by step video tutorials on all the modules. Take a look here!
1. Setting up your library
Your library will be created by our team at APICBASE. Once, you have been added to the library, you will receive an email to activate your account and set your password. Follow these instructions to set up your library.
- Logging on to APICBASE.COM
- Which browser should I use?
- Add users to your library or outlet
- In the library settings, you can adjust the units of measure and the currency.
- How to set the language of your Apicbase interface
- Linking your EPOS system to Apicbase
- If your EPOS system is not yet integrated with APICBASE, but your EPOS system does give you the sales in an Excel file, then please get in touch to verify if we can create an import for it. If not, please follow the steps to enter sales manually in section 7 of this article.
2. Explaining the Dashboard
The dashboard is the heart of APICBASE. It gives you an overview of the most important insights into your library. In this article, you learn how to use it.
3. Ingredients module
The ingredients are the base of your library. APICBASE has very effective ways of importing ingredients in your library. In order to benefit from the full potential of our platform, it is key that the ingredient information is correct. To determine the way you should import your ingredients, think about how you will be using them for different purposes: inventory counting, ordering, cost calculation and in the creation of recipes.
- Adding ingredients to your library
- Adding packages, prices, and suppliers to ingredients
- Adding ingredients from an integrated supplier
4. Recipe module
The next step is creating your recipes and menus in the APICBASE library.
- Create a new recipe
- Delete a recipe
- Edit a recipe
- How to work with stockable recipes
- Assign a recipe to one or more outlets
- Check if recipe information is correct
- Export and print a recipe
- Calculating food cost calculation on recipes
- Generating a Bill Of Materials for recipes
5. Menu module
6. Procurement module
Your ordering will be more easy and efficient using our comprehensive procurement module.
- Create a new order
- Continue with an existing order
- Register a delivery
- Receive external orders
- Add a new supplier
- Adding and changing supplier information (delivery dates/lead times)
7. Inventory module
- Counting your inventory
- How to export inventory reports
- Adding semi-finished products to your stock
- Waste items from your stock
- Transfer items from one outlet to another
- Creating storage locations per outlet
8. Sales module
Learn to use the in-depth insights our sales module gives you from the data your EPOS provides or you put in manually.
- Linking your EPOS system to Apicbase
- Learn how to use the sales analytics module
- How to export sales reports
- How can you register manual sales that don't come from a POS system?
- Linking your EPOS sales items to APICBASE ingredients and recipes
This is also a great way to check if all your recipes and drinks are in the library!
9. Planning module
- HACCP & Tasks module:
- Production module:
10. Media module
- Uploading pictures to your APICBASE library.
- Delete an image
- Add basic information to an image
- Download an image from your library
- Creating a food image album
- Deleting a photo album
- Search and filter your photos
- Create an animation
- Sharing Photo albums
11. Apicbase Studio
Setting up for first use
- Placing your APIC Studio in the kitchen
- Setting up the APIC Studio
- Setting up the Wi-Fi on your Studio
- Connecting the studio to your online account
- Taking pictures with the Apic Studio
- Color Calibration
- Center Calibration
- Auto Focus versus Manual Focus on the Studio
- How can I zoom
Using the Birdy