When you're getting started with Apicbase, one of the first things you should take care of is to customize your Library Settings to fit your needs. Read all about it in this article.
First of all, go to your Library settings. Click on the 'Settings'-icon in the upper right corner of the application, then click "Library". A new screen will open, with multiple tabs. This article will review them one by one.
- General Settings
- Preferred ingredient names: Apicbase allows you to give your ingredients an official name, and a simplified name. Here you can choose how you want the ingredients to appear in your recipes.
- Default Currency: Set the currency you wish to use.
- System of measurement: Set the measurement system you wish to use. Note that you can check both boxes, this way you can use both the metric system as the imperial system at the same time.
- Inventory: Here you can check the 'Blind Count' box. This means that when doing an inventory count, the theoretical stock as calculated by Apicbase will be hidden when counting, so the user does not see what the stock should be.
- Language: Our software is available in Dutch, French, and English. This is completely automatic based on your location, but in this box, you are able to set your default language if you want to change it.
- Costing Defaults (Food & Production)
- Default VAT Rate: Set a default VAT rate for your recipes. You can still edit the VAT Rate on recipe level, doing so will overwrite the percentage you've set in this box.
- Default Preparation Waste Percentage: Here you can set a default waste percentage per ingredient. In this article, you can read more about setting waste percentages.
- Target Profit Margin: Here you can set and edit a target profit margin per recipe. This is the profit margin you want to receive per sold recipe. This can be overwritten on a recipe level for individual recipes.
- Production Cost Defaults: This section is very useful in case you want to include personnel costs into your costing calculations. It allows you to enter 3 different salary levels. On recipe level, you can add preparation-, cooking-, and plating time per recipe. When you set the production times in recipes, the production cost will now be included in the recipe, based on the salary levels you enter here.
- Nutrition and Allergen Databases
- You can read up on connecting nutrition and allergen databases here.
- Supplier Integrations
One of the more powerful features in APICBASE is the possibility to connect with integrated suppliers. Please send an email to email@example.com if you want to add your ingredients from an integrated supplier to your Apicbase library.
- Custom Fields Settings
To organize your ingredients, recipes, and menus the way you would like them to be, you can create custom categories on each of these levels. In this support article, everything you need to know is explained.
- Enable translations for ingredients and recipes: Checking this box will allow you to add translations to your ingredients. Click here for our support article regarding translations.
- Choose the languages available in your library: the languages you pick here will be available for translations.
- Set the default language for your library: the language chosen here will be displayed in APICBASE.
Tip: You can also change the language of your library by changing the language of your browser