This article shows how to delete an ingredient from your library.
Be careful! If you delete an ingredient, all links with recipes, packages and suppliers will also be deleted. Only delete ingredients that are not imported in the library by a supplier or are not being used in any recipe.
Before you start, check following things:
- Make sure your ingredient is not linked to any recipe. You can simply check this by checking the "Used in recipe" column in the recipe grid. If this variable is 0, there are no recipes linked.
- Make sure your ingredient has no stock anymore indicated in the system. If there's stock connected to your ingredient, you will not be able to delete the ingredient. To do so, click on an ingredient and go to the "inventory" tab.
- If the ingredient is imported from an integrated supplier, it will be overwritten during the next import. In this case, you have to contact your supplier.
Once you're sure, to delete an ingredient, there is a simple way to delete it from your database:
- Click on the "Ingredients" button in the menu on the left of your screen. The grid of ingredients will appear.
- Click on the "Column visibility" button on the top of your the screen. A list will show where you can select which items you want to see in the ingredient grid. Click on the "select" button.
- You will see a checkbox in the beginning of every row. Check the box(es) of the ingredient(s) you want to delete (1). Now you click on "Selection" (2) followed by "Delete selection" (3). A popup will appear to ask if you're sure you want to delete the ingredient(s). If you are sure, click "Ok".
The selected ingredient(s) now are deleted, but remember to be careful. If an ingredient is used in a recipe (also inactive recipes) or linked to a supplier. It is best to put it on inactive.