It can happen that you change supplier, or just change a certain ingredient for another one. Doing this in Apicbase is a breeze. This article shows you how to replace the ingredients in all recipes, by the click of a button.
Beware the if the package(s) of the new ingredients have other units then the old one, you will have to check if the recipes are still correct if you want to calculate food cost and use the POS link to keep your stock up to date.
E.g. If you have added the old ingredient in grams in your recipes, and the new one is only defined in pieces, Apicbase will not be able to calculate food cost, take the right amount of stock when you register sales...
If you want to swap an old ingredient for a new ingredient in all your recipes at once, then follow the steps below:
- Go to your ingredient list and click on "replace ingredients" in the top grey toolbar.
- A popup will appear where you need to enter the old/replaceable ingredient and the new ingredient. A list will also appear with all recipes where the old ingredient is being used.
- If you deselect the checkbox before a recipe, the old ingredient will not be swapped with the new ingredient.
- You will also get an overview of the ingredient compatibility. The new ingredient will be compliant if it has at least the same verifications as the old one.
- Click "swap" to replace the old ingredient with the new ingredient. Now all recipes (with the checkbox selected) will be updated.