In this article, you will learn how to use one of the Inventory features: the Edition functionality, with which you will be able to change the date of events.
Every event represents an action in real life. A sale, an order, a waste, etc. However, it is not always possible to register these events in real time, and therefore, there is a way to set a date and time when that real-life action actually happened. For that, the Edition functionality will allow you to change the date of these events. Here are a few insights into the edition function:
- This option is available for the count, creation, transfer, waste, and manual sales events.
Only events with an Actual Date in the last 3 months (90 days) can be changed.
- Dates can be modified for up to 3 months before the current day, no matter the date of the event being modified.
Let's take an example.
Today is October 5th, the current date. Last month, I created a Waste event on September 10th, the date of the event, and I just realized that the date of that event is not correct.
90 days before today, that is my modification limit, was July 2nd. That means that I am able to change the date of my event from September 10th to July 2nd maximum, but not further back in time.
- Events can either go to a past or to a further date as long as it is in the period of the last 3 months since the current date.
Let's go back to our example.
I changed my event's actual date from September 10th back to July 10th. I now realized that I made a mistake and I should have set it to August 10th instead. Since August 10th is within the 90 days period from today I can still do that!
- PoS sales and Orders shipping and intakes won't have support for date modification.
- For Transfer events, only the outlet that transferred out (the one who originally created the event) will be able to modify it. It will modify the event for both origin and destination.
- If a count has happened after the event you are editing, your current stock will remain the same, since counting means introducing the "real" amounts of your stock. In these cases, the edition might trigger modifications in your stock history, but not in your current stock.
Permission to change dates of inventory events can be set for both Library and Outlet users. Read more about how to give permissions to Outlet users here, and to Library users here.
How to change the date of Inventory events
- Go to the history list of a certain event (e.g. Count).
- Click on the Actions dropdown.
- Click 'Edit event'
- A confirmation pop-up will show. Click 'Ok'.
- The Event Edit page will show up. There, you can change the date and time of the event under 'Edit Actual Date'.
- Click 'Save' in the top right corner. A summary of the event will be shown. Press 'Continue' to confirm.
- You will be able to see both the registration and the actual dates in the table with the list of events.
Warning! Be aware that events with an actual date more than 3 months before the current date will not allow any modifications. Make sure your registered events are correct as soon as you can!