Apicbase allows you to assign specific permissions to different outlet users. This allows you to determine which actions users can do in Apicbase.
The roles feature is very customizable and powerful. You can create different roles for different users or groups of users. You can define roles per outlet. Every outlet user has a default role if you have not defined your own roles. The default role gives all possible permissions.
You can, however, create custom roles. New possibilities and permissions are added regularly, the most popular ones are listed below:
- Menu Permissions: The user can add new menus to the outlet.
- Recipe Permissions: The user can add new recipes to the outlet.
- Purchase Order Permissions: The user can send out orders. If the user does not have this permission, he/she still can create orders, but not send them.
- Inventory Event Count Permissions: The user can close the main count. If the user does not have this permission, he/she still can close sub-counts.
Create a new user role
- Click the settings button in the upper right corner and select "Users".
- In the "Outlet User Roles" tab, you get an overview of all the roles and the users that are assigned to this role. You can edit the role by clicking on the edit button .
- You can also add a role by clicking the "+Add user role" button. When you click this button, a popup appears where you can create a new role.
- A popup will appear that allows you to:
- Set the role name.
- Set the permissions the users with this role will need.
- Click "Add" to create the role.
E.g.: In this example, the role of "Sous Chef" is created. The users with this role can add recipes and menus to this outlet.
You see the role has now been added to the list of user roles.
Assign the role to a user
- Go back to the "Outlet Users" tab and click on the edit button .
- The popup with user information will appear.
- Click the drop-down menu in the lower-left corner. Select the role you want to assign. The default role gives all possible permissions.
- Click on "save changes".
In the "Outlet User Roles" tab, you see now the name of this user in the row of the "Sous Chef" role.