Apicbase allows you to assign specific permissions to different outlet users. This allows you to determine which actions users can do in Apicbase.
The roles feature is very customizable and powerful. You can create different roles for different users or groups of users. You can define roles per outlet. Every outlet user has a default role if you have not defined your own roles. The default role gives all possible permissions.
You can, however, create custom roles. New possibilities and permissions are added regularly, the most popular ones are listed below:
- Menu Permissions: The user can add/view/delete new menus in the outlet.
- Recipe Permissions: The user can add/view/delete new recipes in the outlet.
- Ingredient Permissions: The user can link/unlink Ingredients to outlets
- Purchase Order Permissions: The user can send out orders. If the user does not have this permission, he/she still can create orders, but not send them, in draft mode: this user can save a draft for the order intake, but not set it to receive and update the stock.
- Internal Order Permissions: The user can pick and/or ship orders coming from other outlets.
- Count permissions: You can choose between full access / open & edit / view & edit. If the user has none of the permissions selected, he/she will not be able to make any changes on stock counts.
- Other inventory permissions: Here you can set if a user can register to create, waste, and/or transfer actions.
- Task permissions: The user can create/edit/delete tasks and/or perform tasks.
- Production Plan permissions: The user can create/edit/delete and/or perform production plans.
- Sales Analytics permissions: The user can see the sales analytics, record manual sales, or perform POS linking.
- Apicbase Assistant permissions: The user can see and take action on issues displayed on Apicbase Assistant.
Create a new user role
- Click the settings button in the upper right corner and select "Outlet User Roles".
- You go to a page where you see all the outlet users that have been added to your library. Click on the "Outlet User Roles" button in the top right corner of your screen.
- A new page opens where you see an overview of all the roles that are created in the library. You can edit the role by clicking on the edit button .
- You can also add a role by clicking the "+Add user role" button. When you click this button, a popup appears where you can create a new role.
- A popup will appear that allows you to:
- Set the role name.
- Set the permissions the users with this role will need.
- Click "Add" to create the role.
E.g.: In this example, the role of "Chef" is created. The users with this role can add recipes and menus to this outlet.
You see the role has now been added to the list of user roles.
Assign the role to a user
- Go back to the "Outlet Users" tab and click on the edit button .
- The popup with user information will appear.
- Click the drop-down menu in the lower-left corner. Select the role you want to assign. The default role gives all possible permissions.
- Click on "Save changes".
In the "Outlet User Roles" tab, you see now the name of this user in the row of the "Chef" role.
If you want to delete an outlet user role, just click on the next to it.